Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Status: Full Time
Location: 515 S. Haven Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
Department: Marketing, Communications & Development
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Service Outreach Specialist located at our main Baltimore office. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit. If where you work truly matters, apply today!
- Reviews aging reports for past due balances and most recent payment dates and shares with client services team
- Prepares and maintains a customer call log spreadsheet and records notes on outcome of each call attempt
- Contacts clients or authorized representatives to collect payments and negotiate payment plans to resolve past due account balances
- Communicates with Client Services Department regarding non-payment or difficulty contacting clients, or fee negotiation
- Prepares and submits credit memo requests to write off uncollectible account balances
- Completes auto-pay requests by contacting new clients to obtain account information
- Answers calls and assists clients and other departments with client account related issues
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with older individuals, disabled individuals, and individuals of all ages and cultures
- Organization, typing, data entry skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, decision-making, independence, analyzing information, results-driven, energy level
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent degree. AA degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in customer service, or call center experience
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401k with company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement, and much more!
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.