Paid Delivery Driver – Douglas Site
|Hours: 10:30am – 2:30pm M-F
Status: Part Time
Douglas Memorial Community Church, 1325 Madison Ave. Baltimore, MD 21217
|Department: Client Services – Central|
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 800,000 nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central MD is excited about the immediate opening for a Paid Delivery Driver located in Baltimore Maryland. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit! If where your work truly matters, apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to delivery site Monday-Friday at 10:30am in personal vehicle.
- Support site staff in receiving and packing meals for delivery as needed.
- Use personal vehicle to deliver meals to 20-30 assigned clients in West Baltimore.
- Support site by delivering additional routes as needed in the event of volunteer vacancies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly and customer service-oriented
- Must have access to reliable transportation for the purpose of making daily scheduled deliveries throughout West Baltimore.
- Able to pass criminal background check
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Zero points on motor vehicle record
Meals on Wheels of Central MD Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short term disability insurance, 401k that includes company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement and much more!
Join our team of dedicated professionals, and make a difference in your community!
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
Cover letters should include the title of the position for which you are applying. You will be notified that your resume has been received.