Location: Inter-Faith Chapel at Leisure World 3680 South Leisure World Blvd., Silver Spring, MD 20906
Part-time position for Montgomery County Site Coordinator located at the Leisure World/Interfaith Chapel
3680 S, Leisure World Blvd.
We are committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the distribution of individually packaged meals to homebound elderly and disabled community members. Ensure cleanliness and food safety, and maintaining site.
- Oversee volunteers and part-time drivers.
- Help identify clients who need additional services, and work with other staff to identify resources to meet client needs.
- Assist with volunteer and client recruitment in the community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interact well with elderly and disabled community members.
- Some knowledge of food handling/sanitation/safety and have, or be willing to obtain, ServSafe Certification
- H.S. diploma, ability to speak, read and write English fluently and maintain proper records.
- The ability to stand and lift (up to 40 lbs.) while working.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screening.
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.