Hours: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Status: Part Time
Location: Mount Olive United Methodist Church at 5115 Old Court Rd., Randallstown, MD 21133
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Site Coordinator located in Randallstown, MD. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit. If where you work truly matters, apply today!
- Oversees delivery of meals to clients
- Manages volunteers, drivers, and visitors, and (where applicable) paid staff located at the distribution site
- Maintains relationships with physical site owners, community relations, and ongoing communication/linkages with the regional office
- With the support of the Director of Volunteer Services, supervises volunteers assigned to the site
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with older individuals, disabled individuals, and individuals of all ages and cultures
- Ability to manage volunteers
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift 40 pounds, and fulfill other physical requirements for the position
- Ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
- Familiarity with community organizations/publications/sources of volunteers and clients is desirable
- Knowledge of food handling, sanitation, and safety techniques
- Computer literacy
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.