The shift for this position is 7:00am-3:30pm.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1.3 million nutritious meals a year. Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, we have an opening for a Food Service position located in our main kitchen in Baltimore, Maryland. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit! If where your work truly matters, apply today!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Follow all company and client policies, rules, and regulations.
- Handle food in accordance with sanitary and safety regulations.
- Maintain serving line and or cooler in a clean attractive manner. Keeping both clean of spills and debris.
- Positive interaction with co-workers, clients, supervisors, and the volunteers.
- Must make sure hot foods remain hot and cold foods cold.
- Maintain workplace professionalism.
- Must be able to stand behind the serving line for 6-8 hours a day.
- Must be able to walk on concrete surface.
- Must be able to lift full size pans containing 10-25 pounds of product from waist to shoulder.
- Must be able to carry 10-25 pounds from the warmer to the serving line.
- Must be able to reach into the warmers to retrieve product for the line.
- Must be able to see well enough to place product on trays.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Physical demand is medium with 10-25 pounds being lifted 34-66% of the time.
- Most of the workday will be indoors but must be able to tolerate sudden and extreme changes in temperatures.
- Job will require working with some stress when confronted with emergency situations such as running out of food on the line.
- Job will require being able to use utensils to serve the food.
- Job requires oral communication in the understanding of portioning of products.
- Job will require employee to understand verbal instructions.
- One-year experience in food service industry.
- Knowledge of and experience practicing proper safety standards in the handling of food products.
- Job will require employee to perform measuring portions of food products according to the production worksheets.
Please click here to read the full job description before applying.