Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Status: Full Time
Location: 515 S. Haven Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
Department: Development/Marketing & Communications
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Director of Communications located at our main Baltimore office. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit. If where you work truly matters, apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct, develop, and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance MOWCM’s brand identity and ensure that MOWCM’s messaging and communications are relevant and consistent with mission and strategic goals of MOWCM
- Develop content and timelines of MOWCM’s collateral materials, including client and volunteer stories, annual reports, newsletter, event, e-newsletters, e-blasts, and direct mail (as needed)
- Direct and manage content development, review and proof-reading process for MOWCM publications and communications
- Cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure regular contact with target media, and ensure appropriate responses to MOWCM media requests and coverage. Serve as lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization
- In collaboration with Director, Marketing & Events, plan and implement timely website updates, including content/presence, postings with a focus on programs and services, client and volunteer stories that reflect impact of the mission, event and fundraising marketing, giving options, executive director features, media opportunities, and other relevant items that position the organization with a highly visible profile
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, MOWCM’s Board of Directors, and staff
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and producing newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with media, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Demonstrated skills in managing technical set-up for presentations, media, and virtual events
- Demonstrated skills in website management
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401k with company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement, and much more!
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.