Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Status: Full Time
Location: 515 S. Haven Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
Department: Marketing, Communications & Development
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Development Specialist located at our main Baltimore office.
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to learn about non-profit development and fundraising from the ground up? Plus, learn about and engage in human services work to provide nutritious meals and service to homebound individuals in our communities? Then, the Development Specialist position at Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland may be the place for you!
- Performs donation data entry from all donor sources, by recording donations into Raiser’s Edge with attention to accuracy, coding and linking accounts, while adhering to database management policies, procedures, integrity and security.
- Provides accurate and timely acknowledgments of individual and sponsorship gifts received by the organization, including Honor/Memory correspondence.
- Prepares queries from Raiser’s Edge for department mailings, including direct mail, invitations, and publications.
- Prepares special mailings and donor lists for cultivation, recognition and events.
- Under the Supervision of the Director, Individual Giving, prepares fundraising reports from the donor database, including monthly, quarterly and annual donation reports, as well as reports of active and lapsed donors, prospects, direct mail results, segmentation analysis, and trouble-shoots database issues.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High-level organizational skills, data entry skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, decision-making, independence, analytical, results-driven, high/positive energy level
- Proficient computer skills, including demonstrated competencies in databases, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Adobe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven professional customer service on the phone or in-person.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Adaptable, dependable and self-motivated with an ability to set priorities, perform under pressure and execute all tasks, whether working independently or as a team member.
- Ability to meet the demands of being on schedule and on time, learn new information and skills quickly.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Bachelor’s degree in development, business, or related field and minimal 2 years of experience in database management, annual fund or donor relations.
- Experience in supporting fundraising strategies and creating and implementing large team-based projects.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401k with company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement, and much more!
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
At Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Meals on Wheels of Central MD believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.