Location: Baltimore, MD
Department: Valley Services, Inc.
Interested Applicants should apply online via Valley Services Corporate Website at: http://www.valleyinc.com/careers
Or in person at:
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland
515 South Haven St.
Baltimore, MD 21224
Overview: The Cook/Prep Cook are responsible for following company recipes in preparing assigned foods for clients and customers, based on client needs and contractual obligations.
- Follow all company and client policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Responsible for preparing, cooking and portioning all menu items by following instructions provided on standardized recipes.
- Check menus, prepare and cook items following standard recipes completing the cooking in time for service.
- Check temperatures of food items and complete logs before service.
- Ensure all areas are clean and sanitized before leaving each day.
- Display a friendly and positive attitude toward the job and others; perform job duties willingly and without complaint; attempt to understand and respond to needs of supervisor and co-workers; avoid making hostile or unproductive comments.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding departmental and company business; never releasing or discussing internal matters of a serious or sensitive nature outside the department or company.
- Ensure that your supervisor is advised on a timely basis of potential problems. The position responsibilities and standards of performance described may not be the only requirements of the position. It may be necessary to follow other instructions or perform other related duties required by Valley to conduct daily operations and meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Experience in volume cooking and the use of various cooking equipment.
- Must have basic math, reading and writing abilities.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Experience in practicing proper safety standards in handling food and equipment.
- Must be able to measure accurately, have sufficient dexterity to handle food, and knowledge of cooking equipment efficiencies and safely.
- Must be able to follow the Health Standards of the foodservice industry.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Valley Services, Inc.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com Cover letters should include the title of the position for which you are applying.