Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Status: Full Time
Location: 63 Shipping Place, Dundalk, MD 21222
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, a well-respected state-wide organization, seeks a Client Support Specialist to oversee regional client support services for the Home Delivered Meal Program including client intake and assessment, service linkage, and follow up. This position, located in Dundalk, MD is a part of a strong and growing Client Services Team, with opportunity for personal and professional growth. Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premier provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious meals and support services to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1,000,000 nutritious meals per year, and offer support services including grocery shopping assistance, companion visitors, pet food delivery and care management to help our clients remain living safely and independently at home. For more information, please visit www.mealsonwheelsmd.org
This position participates as a member of the Central Maryland Client Services Department, working collaboratively with all members of the department and the volunteer support services team to holistically support clients using best practices in aging services.
- Oversee the processing of client applications, complete client intakes and conduct in-home assessments.
- Schedule and coordinate the submission of SNAP applications and other support program referrals both internally and externally.
- Act as liaison for client communication, interfacing with other the all members of the home delivered meal program as well as family members, and other service providers.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic human and social services principles, including the importance and procedures related to maintaining confidentiality; methods for addressing vulnerable adults concerns; and procedures for implementing outside intervention.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability and determination to solve problems, to seek solutions, and to make decisions.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to work with paid staff, volunteer staff, and interns effectively, maximizing productivity and quality, and inspiring cooperation and confidence on the part of staff, co-workers, superiors, colleagues at other agencies.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, databases, and internet)
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field, two years related work experience, supervisory experience a plus.
- Current driver’s license, dependable licensed and insured vehicle.
- A collaborative work style with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401k with company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement, and much more!
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
At Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Meals on Wheels of Central MD believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.