Location: Westminster, MD | Status: Part time, 15 hours per week | Pay: $15 per hour
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, a well-respected state-wide organization, seeks a Part-time Client Support Specialist to oversee regional client support services for the Home Delivered Meal Program including client intake and assessment, service linkage, and follow up. This position, located in Westminster, MD is a part of a strong and growing Client Services Team, with opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premier provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious meals and support services to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1,000,000 nutritious meals per year, and offer support services including grocery shopping assistance, companion visitors, pet food delivery and care management to help our clients remain living safely and independently at home. For more information, please visit www.mealsonwheelsmd.org
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Oversee the processing of client applications, complete client intakes and conduct in-home assessments. Schedule and coordinate the submission of SNAP applications and other support program referrals both internally and externally. Act as liaison for client communication, interfacing with other the all members of the home delivered meal program as well as family members, and other service providers.
This position participates as a member of the Central Maryland Client Services Department, working collaboratively with all members of the department and the volunteer support services team to holistically support clients using best practices in aging services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic human and social services principles, including the importance and procedures related to maintaining confidentiality; methods for addressing vulnerable adults concerns; and procedures for implementing outside intervention.
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability and determination to solve problems, to seek solutions, and to make decisions.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to work with volunteer staff, interns, and other organization partners effectively, maximizing productivity and quality, and inspiring cooperation and confidence on the part of staff, co-workers, superiors, colleagues at other agencies.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, databases, and internet.)
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field with one to two years related work experience.
- Current driver’s license, dependable licensed and insured vehicle.
- A collaborative work style with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Flexible spending account
- 401k that includes company match and discretionary contributions
- Generous annual, personal leave and sick leave
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Free parking
Great opportunity for a new graduate looking to gain experience in the field of aging services.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.