|Hours: 9:30AM – 1:30PM
|Location: Bolton Hill, MD|
|Department: Home Delivered Meals|
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 800,000 nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central MD is excited about the opening for a Site Coordinator located in the Bolton Hill, MD area. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit! If where your work truly matters, apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the distribution of individually packaged meals to homebound elderly and disabled community members. Ensure cleanliness and food safety, and maintaining site.
- Recruit, develop, train and oversee an abundant volunteer pool.
- Help identify clients who need additional services, and work with other staff to identify resources to meet client needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interact well with elderly and disabled community members.
- Some knowledge of food handling/sanitation/safety and have, or be willing to obtain, ServSafe Certification.
- H.S. diploma, ability to speak, read and write English fluently and maintain proper records.
- 4. The ability to stand and lift (up to 40 lbs.) while working.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screening.