Bethany Site Coordinator
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to job firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should include the title of the position for which you are applying.
You will be notified that your resume has been received.
Hours: 11am – 3pm Status: Part time
Location: 8971 Chapel Avenue | Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
Department: Client Services
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the immediate opening for a Bethany Site Coordinator located in Ellicott City, Maryland. This program serves Korean older adults in Howard County. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing
assistance to those who need it most, and are fluent in both Korean and English, this might be the perfect fit! f where you work truly matters, apply today!
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 800,000 nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the distribution of individually packaged meals to homebound elderly and disabled
Korean community members. Ensure cleanliness and food safety, and maintaining site.
- Oversee volunteers and part-time drivers.
- Help identify clients who need additional services, and work with other staff to identify
resources to meet client needs.
- Assist with volunteer and client recruitment in the community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interact well with elderly and disabled community members.
- Knowledge and respect of Korean language, and cultural norms and values.
- Some knowledge of food handling/sanitation/safety and have, or be willing to obtain, ServSafe Certification
- H.S. diploma, ability to speak, read and write Korean and English fluently and maintain proper records.
- The ability to stand and lift (up to 40 lbs.) while working.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screening.
Meals on Wheels of Central MD Benefits include:
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short term disability insurance, 401k that includes company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement and much more!