Assistant Director of Events and Promotion
Status: FULL TIME
|Department: Development, Marketing & Communications||515 South Haven Street, 21224|
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious meals and support services to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1,000,000 nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping assistance, phone pals, companion visitors, pet food delivery and case management services to help our clients remain living safely and independently at home.
Focused on ensuring quality service to those in need, while remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central MD is growing and expanding services, and is excited about the immediate opening for Director of Events and Promotion, Maryland. If you want to be a part of a robust program and growing team of marketing and development professionals that makes a difference in the lives of seniors every day, then this opportunity is for you. If what you do matters to you, apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Leads the development, planning and coordination of all events including our annual signature gala and annual volunteer and donor ‘thank you’ event, as well as other 3rd party events throughout the year. Manages all event promotions using social media, website and other media.
Also leads the planning for the expansion and growth of the organization’s social media presence, relevance, content and use including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs, YouTube, Instagram, etc. to position the organization as relevant, highly visible and to increase fundraising and event efforts.
As a part of this dynamic team you will also, in collaboration with Sr. Director, Marketing & Communications implement website updates, including development of content/presence, postings with a focus on programs and services, client and volunteer stories that reflect impact of the mission, event and fundraising marketing, giving options, executive director features, media opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and 2-3 years of experience in the planning, development and growth of events.
- Social media and website updating/posting skills with graphic layout skills combined with the ability to communicate the right message for project at hand.
- Proficient computer skills, including demonstrated competencies in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Publisher, Photo Filter and Adobe;
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
Meals on Wheels of Central MD understands the importance of a rich benefits package which is why we are proud to offer benefits that fit your life style and meet your needs.
- Health insurance
- Dental coverage
- Eye coverage
- Vision and eye care
- Life insurance,
- Short term disability insurance
- 401k that includes company match and discretionary contributions
- Generous annual, personal leave and sick leave
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Free parking
Join our team of dedicated professionals, and make a difference in your community!
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should include the title of the position for which you are applying. You will be notified that your resume has been received.